Thursday, April 25, 2019

Sketchbook Revival

I am playing along in the "Sketchbook Revival" online workshop for a couple of weeks.  I don't have much free time, but I am making sure to do at least 1 exercise each day & hope to make up the others over the weekend.

The first exercise I participated in was the "Portrait Party" with Koosje Koene.  This exercies was about making blind drawings of the face.  I love doing blind drawings & have done this before from photographs, but never using a mirror or doing any type of self portrait.


The next exercise I completed was "Mindful Inspirations: A Thumbnail Sketch" with Rachel Rose.  This exercise focused on finding inspiration all around you in small things. 

 
Next I worked on "Sketching Like a Kid Again: Scribble, Doodle, Color" with Charlie O’Shields.  This exercise was quick doodles, crayons, and watercolors.  I have always been "blah" with watercolors ... but did find some of the tips very useful.  It will take some practice, but I think I will give watercolors another try.  

I am excited to continue on with the exercises that I haven't done, yet.  So ... more to come!

No comments: