Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pardon my Zombies

zombie art collage
I know that lots of folks are "sick to death" of zombies. If you are one of those folks ... Please Pardon my Zombies.

I have been enjoying the Walking Dead series on AMC. Now that Season 2 has wrapped up, it will be awhile before the zombies are back for Season 3. So, in the meantime ... a little zombie tribute.

I felt the urge to make one of my messy, paint splattered collages last night. Sometimes it just feels good to slap a bunch of stuff on the page and clear my head.

This collage is in my 8-1/2" x 11" hardcover sketchbook and was made from clippings, art, comics, and TV listings from local papers; acrylic paint, stamping, and Indian ink penwork.

While I did draw the lower zombie, I only "zombie-fied" the upper zombie - it was originally a cartoon face to which I added the white out eyes, the mouth, teeth and big juicy brain.  (My first brain, BTW.)

Yummy!

No comments: