Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Junk Journal Page : A week in January

This is a little collage I made in my "Quarantine Junk Journal".  I started this junk journal in March 2020.  It measures about 8" tall by 6" wide and is about an inch thick.  It is assembled from a variety of papers (printed scrapbook papers, pages from an old sketchbook, puzzle book pages, junk mail, envelopes, brown paper, corrugated cardboard, plain typing paper, etc ...).

The page is themed "A week in January", and is mainly a collage of word and image clippings from printed papers, gift wrap, packaging, periodicals, etc....  I also added stamped images, doodles, and punches.

So ... The week of January 16-22 : I experienced a magical walk to run an errand.  It was sprinkling rain when I set out.  The rain soon picked up, and then turned to sleet.  Shortly thereafter the sleet turned to snow!  The snow became larger and fluffier!  The walk became quite delightful!  I am located in Atlanta, Georgia - so snow is a special rare event.

Other special events of the week:  I spent time with one of my favorite kitty buddies (neighbors cat who visits me from time to time).  I was in touch with a friend I knew in Junior High and High School (many years ago).   I tried Lemon Cream PopTarts for the first time (yummy!).  These were supposed have been released last summer, but didn't show up here until recently.  And to cap off the week ... I had a GREAT day between my Etsy shop and website - I sold 55 puppets in one day!  I REALLY needed that!

So, those were the highlights of a week in January.


1 comment:

Maggie said...

Cheryl you are so talented!!! I love your style and love that you are blogging about your junk journal. Thanks for joining the swaps.