Monday, July 3, 2017

Art-a-Thon Challenge


This weekend I have been playing in another Art-a-Thon and Challenge at ATCsForAll.com.  It runs through July 6th.  The challenge is somewhat of an artsy scavenger hunt.  You are given a list of themes, supplies, and challenges to make art & earn points for completing the various tasks.

For example, The ATC (artist trading card) shown above earned me 5 points!  I made the card for a combination of tasks: theme: cute monster, theme: bikini, craft: make paper flowers and use in your creation, and also a point for posting at least 1 finished project for the day.

Here are some more ATCs I made this weekend:
Hand drawn zebra - Indian ink and colored pencils. (theme: zoo, also theme: monochromatic).  I love the way this turned out. 
Doodle fish - Indian ink pen and marker. (theme: zentangle animal, also use markers, and I posted a "show and tell" about my process to make this card).
Skele-shrooms - Printed paper and fiber embedded paper collage with a sticker, magazine cut-outs, hand drawn mushrooms colored with ink and sparkly gel pens, and some detailing with Indian ink pen and paint pen. (theme: skeleton, theme: mushroom and butterfly, use magazine cut-outs).

There is also fast and wild trading going on.  I have traded most of my cards already (you get points for that,too).  At the end, prizes are awarded for the top scorers. But, who needs prizes?  It's just a lot of fun to play with all the artists!





No comments: